Are you an experienced back-end developer looking to sharpen your teeth and thrive with new technical challenges and projects? Are you constantly looking to deliver better, more innovative solutions using the latest development techniques and methods? Are you fully experienced in Umbraco CMS, C# and .NET? Do you want to be part of an award-winning team of genuinely great people, working in a frantically creative and fun environment?
Avenue is a highly creative and growing digital marketing agency based in Sevenoaks Kent with an enviable reputation for quality and customer services, working with both SME and FTSE 100 clients across retail, finance, professional services, education, and charity sectors. We are a leading team of Creatives, Developers, Search Managers, Account Managers and Project Mangers, working with exciting brands like Benoy, GLH Hotels, The Telegraph, Rothesay Life, Ella’s Kitchen, Blesma, Bliss, and the Anna Freud Centre. As a Back-End Developer at Avenue you will be supported by the Lead Developer and wider development team, and will be given the opportunity to consult, specify and develop your own projects with vigour and pride.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, can-do, organised back-end Umbraco developer with at least two years’ experience working with Umbraco, to add value to our expanding development team. For the right candidate, this is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a very experienced team of developers who, as ‘the Umbraco agency of choice’, are widely regarded as being some of the best Umbraco developers in the industry.
Supporting a range of different colleagues, you will be working alongside people delivering award-winning solutions across creative design, UX, SEO, PPC, Social Media and client services.
There is an excellent package available, with a competitive salary and a creative environment in our newly refurbished offices in the centre of Sevenoaks, just 30 minutes outside of London.
- The ability to successful organise, manage, and deliver the technical development of Umbraco based website design and build projects
- Responsible for gaining a deep understanding of our client’s functional and technical requirements
- Oversee client technical communications, across website design and build projects
- Work with internal colleagues to develop functional and technical specifications, estimates, statements of work, and project plans
- Supporting the business development team in technical pitching for new accounts
- Responsible for the management and mentoring of more junior developers for their career development
- Two years’ minimum Umbraco experience and four years working within an agency environment as a junior developer or equivalent
- Strong C# and .NET coding experience
- Experience of payment solutions like Sage Pay and PayPal
- Experience of 3rd partly API integrations
- Experience of delivering, clean, well optimised, well documented, standard-complaint code
- Knowledge of optimising, caching, and scaling development solutions
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain and deliver functional understanding
- High attention to detail and the ability to lock down and manage project scopes
- Diplomatic and persuasive interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop new ideas and ways to tackle a client brief
- An excellent understanding of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Enthusiastic and confident developer with the ability to interact well with people on a personal and professional level and to thrive in a fast-paced, customer focused environment
- A keen interest in the industry and all things digital
- Impeccable attention to detail in your work, processes, presentations and all communications
- A solid understanding of business principles and agency operations
- Sociable, likable and willing to be part of a great team
- Great taste in music
Why You’ll Like Working With Us
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on some exciting brands, supported by an inspiring and friendly team of people.
- You’ll join a great talented team who are all driven to be the best they can be, while having a lot of fun along the way.
- We offer a place to grow, where you can spread your wings, learn and lead others
- We believe in work life balance; you’ll be out of the office on time.
- We have great culture of like-minded people who work hard and play hard, so expect more than the occasional trip to the pub.
- Company pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
If you’ve got the drive to make a difference and want to be part if something genuinely exciting and rewarding, then we want to hear from you. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.